Takeaway: Do you ever find yourself bored by the same old sex routine time and time again? It happens to all of us - but it shouldn’t! Time to change it up!
- Start off small by buying different condoms and lubrication. JOUJOU carries enough lube to use something different every time you have sex, but keeping at least a few favourites on hand is a good idea, from the Discover G-Spot Stimulating Gel to the flavoured Jo Juicy Pineapple water-based lube (also available in 14 other flavours). Massage oils, body paints, flavoured lubes, water-based or silicone-based, anal lubes, warming or cooling, performance enhancing - there’s something for everyone and every mood. The same can be said for condom options, available at your neighbourhood store or your favourite specialty shop. Patterned and glow-in-the-dark condoms lighten the mood and create lots of giggles, ribbed condoms accentuate both your pleasure, and flavoured condoms heighten the foreplay, just to name a few.
- Switch up your foreplay. Foreplay is a universally loved precursor to sex, but it can get boring when you do the same thing over and over. Liven it up, enjoying the arousal and anticipation of your partner. Invigorate your kisses with a mentholated lip gloss and feel them tingle all the way to your toes. Women are often more vocal during sex but they report wanting to hear from their partners too - men, relax enough to tell her exactly how much you like it. Sighs, moans, and groans encourage women just as much as they do men - your partner will love the positive response but you’ll reap the rewards as well.
- Scheduled sex. You may think this does the opposite of making a boring sex life more interesting, but bear with me. Life gets in the way sometimes and a life that is too routine and monotonous loses its sexiness. A great way to combat this is to dedicate perhaps two nights of the week to your partner. Make one night a weeknight and the other the weekend. Scheduling it can have you fantasising about sex with your partner all week and when the day finally comes you will both explode with passion!
- Sex up your daily life! Make day to day activities sexy! Anything you normally do alone in your home - do it with no clothes. Surprise your partner by cooking wearing only an apron. Answer the door at the end of the work day naked. Watch TV in the buff and if you’re comfortable maybe even try mutual masturbation. (Just be careful about cleaning chemicals when naked!) Shock them with costumes or new lingerie on your planned sex night. Come up with personalised ideas that will please your partner as well!
- Spontaneous sex can happen anywhere and anytime. It’s not just for the bedroom at night! Surprise your partner at work, treat them to lunch, and then have sex in the restaurant bathroom or play with one another under the table. You can have quick sex in your car, in a mall dressing room, or if you’re feeling super-adventurous, an elevator, stairwell, or alley. The more spontaneous the situation the more erotic it will be!
- Try new positions. The reason we use the same positions over and over is because we like them, but even our favourites can get stale if we never switch it up. Here are a few ideas out of many! If these don’t sound like your cup of tea, use your imagination! - Or a quick internet search, it will reveal countless others.
- Sex toys not for the faint hearted. You’ve become more comfortable with the softer side of kink and are now ready to move on to some heavier activities. There are several toys that you can experiment with to see if you enjoy them. A small riding crop is fun to start out with; nipple clamps, a whip, or paddle for the more daring. Sex swings are a lot of fun, more common than you would think, and there are models that you can easily install and then remove, putting them in a doorway or hanging them from your ceiling.